The CBLIP includes an Immigrant Advisory Table (IAT) to ensure that newcomer perspectives always inform the work and decisions of the CBLIP Council and its working groups. IAT members are immigrants who live in Cape Breton and bring lived experience to their roles as IAT members.
The primary objectives of the IAT are to:
- Provide input in the development of the CBLIP Strategy, action plans and projects;
- Increase public awareness of and engagement in cultural diversity in Cape Breton;
- Act as cultural ambassadors to the CBLIP;
- Help to improve connections between newcomers and available services;
- Represent the vision of the CBLIP.